The Motability Scooter Scheme - run by the independent not-for-profit organisation Motability gives you a worry free package mobility scooter to help keep you out and about.
How it Works
Through Motability, you simply turn part, or all, of your allowance into the scooter or powered wheelchair of your choice.
Parents can apply on behalf of a child who receives the allowance, but please be aware that some products may not be suitable for all ages.
Only the person in receipt of the allowance can use the scooter or powered wheelchair. It should not be used, for example, by your partner or spouse.
Who can use the scheme?
The Scheme is open to anyone who receives one of the following benefits, and has at least 12 months' award length remaining when they apply:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement.
What it includes
With Motability, you get more than just the scooter or powered wheelchair of your choice. The scheme is designed to be 'worry free' so you get extra help and support included free. Our current customers rate our service very highly and 95% of them would recommend Motability to a friend.
What's included with your lease:
- A new scooter or powered wheelchair of your choice every three years
- Standard pricing nationwide – no need for you to shop around
- Over 200 products – most costing less than your weekly allowance
- Insurance from RSA Motability (RSAM) which covers any damage to people or property caused by your product
- Loss and damage protection for your product
- Breakdown assistance from Motability Assist – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs – call outs and home collections can be arranged with your us
- Replacement tyres and batteries
- A dedicated UK based Customer Services team
It really is that simple – we take part, or all, of your allowance directly from the Department for Work and Pensions, or the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency and you get all this – there are no catches!
Contact us for details of how you could be driving a brand new mobility scooter for less than £12 per week out of your benefit. .